Tips for homeowners
If you suffer water damage at your home or business it is important to attempt to mitigate the damage until a professional restoration company can take over. Your insurance company expects for you to be pro active while waiting on SERVPRO to arrive.
The following are some useful tips and tricks that will show your insurance company that you are working to minimize the damage.
- Turn off the water supply
- Call a plumber if necessary
- If the water is clean (not sewage) shop vac or towel up the standing water
- Place some fans out to create air flow
- Elevate your furniture out of the water
- Create a list of damaged belongings
- Take lots of photos
Just doing these steps will insure that you are trying to help.
Call SERVPRO of E. Jackson/SE Ingham Counties at 517-782-8533