Recent General Posts
Sump Pump maintenance
A sump pump is a small pump that is installed to help keep the area underneath a building dry and to prevent it from flooding. They are installed in the lowest part of the basement or a crawl space. They are normally installed in specially constructed pits which is where water flows into through drains or through migration through soil. The pump’s job is to pump the water out of the pit and away from the building.
Here are some tips to help with the maintenance of your sump pump so as to prevent water intrusion in your home:
- Make sure the pump is plugged into a GFCI outlet
- Make sure the cord in in good shape
- Check the pump occasionally to ensure it is running and the breaker has not tripped
- Ensure the pump is standing upright in it’s crock
- Periodically pour a bucket of water in the pit to make sure the pump starts automatically
- Remove the pump from the pit and clean the grate on the bottom
- Check the outlet pipes to ensure they are tightly joined together and are draining at least 20ft from the foundation
- Ensure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear
- Install a backup battery in case of power failure
Should you still get water in your basement from sump pump failure or inability of sump pump to keep up due to the amount of water coming in, call SERVPRO of E. Jackson/SE Ingham Co. and we can help with the clean up. We will address your structure as well as any affected contents and set the proper drying equipment to ensure your basement is thoroughly dried out. We can be reached @ 517-782-8533.
For Immediate Service in Lansing, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of E. Jackson & S.E. Ingham Co. provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 –(517) 782-8533
Whether your Jackson home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Jackson commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of E. Jackson & S.E. Ingham CO. specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire, smoke or water damage.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and are an IICRC certified firm.
As a locally owned and operated business, we are close by and ready to respond to your water or fire emergency.
We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.